CHALLENGING CAREER OPPORTUNITY
A reputable publicly quoted insurance company with its head office in Lagos requires the services of successful, versatile and highly experienced person for the position of Head of ICT.
The ideal candidate must be fully resident in Lagos State and possess a minimum of 7years cognate IT / Business working experience as a programmer /analyst preferably in the Insurance or Financial Sector and not more than 40 years in age.
- BSC or HND in Computer Engineering/Computer Science, or any other relevant discipline with a minimum of 2nd Class Upper Division
- Experience in Microsoft Dynamics AX and with Business Process Re-engineering.
- Knowledge of Oracle and / or MS SQL Databases and associated tools.
- Familiar with one or more ERP Solutions (e.g. SAP, Oracle, MS Dynamics AX,).
- Ability to work for long hours under pressure and meet tight deadlines while paying close attention to detail.
- Excellent communication, presentation, leadership and organizational skills.
- Have a general knowledge, developing and improving the Global Insurance Business Solution (GIBS) software ensuring that all the Modules are in full working condition for the smooth functioning of the company.
- Maintaining the IT Policies of the company in line with regulations and standards of the Industry and for smooth flow of the work at alllevels.
- Protecting the rights of the company at all levels in maintain the exclusivity of the source code and other data.
- Supervision of both Hardware and Software issues including Gradatim, Brokers Portal as well as the integration of accounting Platforms to the GIBS environment.
- Implementation of controls, validations and integrations in GIBS and redesigning of Reports.
- Coordinating with all the departments/Branches of the company in resolving the IT Bugs and testing installation, security and compatibility issues.
- Maintaining data backup, keeping accurate records of the development process, changes and results as well as maintaining and supporting the systems once they are up and running.
- Analyzing the needs of clients/customers and designing a system to meet those needs timeously.
- Preparation of training manuals for users, training the users and working closely with analysts, vendors and staff.
- Designing the step-by-step flowcharts for computing systems that show how program code must be written in order for it to work properly.
- Redesign/ synchronizing the programs when the need arises to suit other platforms.
- Document all of their tasks to ensure that subsequent users can diagnose and fix any problems that might arise in a system, as well perform any maintenance.
- Conduct a steering committee meeting fortnightly and deploying the changes in GIBS.
- Advise management on all such matters as well as any other duties assigned by the management from time to time.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should forward a copy of their application stating the position they are applying for on the top left corner of their CV, using the position as the subject within 1 week from the date of this publication to:
Only shortlisted candidates shall be invited for interview and successful candidates will be expected to resume duty immediately.