Employers' Liability Policy
The policy covers statutory liability of an employer for the death of or bodily injuries or occupational diseases sustained by the workmen arising out of and in course of employment.
Who can be Insured?
Any employer whether as a Principal or contractor engaging "workmen" as defined in WC Act to cover his liability to them under statute and at common law. Employer can cover Employees who do not qualify as "Workmen" under separate table
- To pay all sums which the insured is legally liable to pay the employees in respect of personal injury by accident or diseases 'arising out of and in the course of the employment'
- Insured's liability arising either under common law or the laws set out in the schedule Employees Compensation Act 2010.
- Costs or expenses incurred by the insured with the consent of the company, to defend any claims are paid in addition.
- Any injury by accident or disease directly attributable to war and nuclear risk
- Insured's liability to employees of contactors to the insured
- Any liability of the insured which attaches by virtue of an agreement.
- Any compensation for diseases mentioned in Part III of Employees Compensation Act- 2010
Note: Policy details given are indicative, not exhaustive. Please contact your nearest Prestige Assurance Plc office for further details.